Scholarship for Dutch Hospitality Students
After offering scholarships to international students for years, WUAS is expanding its scholarship policy and strategy. To improve affordability and access to high-quality higher education in the Netherlands, WUAS is offering a special scholarship to highly motivated and internationally oriented Dutch citizen students.
A €5,000 tuition fees scholarship per year for a maximum duration of four years will be offered to qualified top-talent students to pursue a bachelor’s degree in hospitality management at WUAS in Apeldoorn.
The hospitality industry is leading employability and employment prospects in the future are high. The Wittenborg programme is truly international. Scholarship recipients (Dutch top talent) will get a chance to enjoy one of the best international classrooms in the Netherlands and be part of the next generation of global leaders in hospitality.
WUAS's bachelor's degree is double accredited (NVAO & FIBAA) and holds international accreditation for internationalisation from the ECA.
The scholarship for Dutch students for the programmes offered by Wittenborg's School of Hospitality & Tourism
|HBA Hotel & Hospitality Services Management||3-4 Years||€
|HBA (Double Bachelor Degree) Hospitality Management||3-4 Years||€
|HBA (Bachelor) Event Management||3-4 Years||€
|HBA (Bachelor) Tourism Management||3-4 Years||€
Who can apply for the Top Talent Scholarship for Dutch Students
Requirements for Application
- You must have recently graduated from a Dutch secondary school: MBO Level 4 BOL, HAVO, VWO;
- You must be a proficient English speaker and have a test score equivalent to 6.5 IELTS or CEFR B2 (TOEFL and Cambridge Tests also accepted);
- You must be a hardworking and passionate student;
- You can only apply for the September intake as a full-time student.
Application documents required:
- Your academic records;
- A video or motivation letter showing your passion for hospitality and why you deserve this scholarship (video 3-5 minutes);
- 2 references from your school and/or work who will be asked to fill in an electronic recommendation letter.
Selection & Renewal | Scholarship Terms & Conditions
The scholarship is highly competitive: only applicants with excellent study results and motivation may receive a scholarship. Successful candidates will be notified no later than the end of May.
The scholarship is renewed yearly based on the student’s motivation and satisfactory academic performance. A minimum of 50 ECs is required for the scholarship to be renewed. Through intensive feedback (4 times a year), any deficiency in any subject area is identified and support can be provided on time.
If the scholarship is not renewed, you may continue your studies at WUAS at your own cost or choose to transfer your credit to another school. In the latter case, a certificate of attendance and a transcript of the achieved credits will be given.
General terms and conditions
There is no cash value to the scholarships. Awards are directly charged on the student’s university fee invoice. Students who defer their admission or intermit their studies will automatically lose the scholarship. In rare circumstances, exemptions may be made on a case-by-case basis. Dismissal due to disciplinary actions will lead to automatic withdrawal of the scholarship.
Before you start:
- a) Pre-enrolment self-assessment package
- b) Self-study preparation package including a detailed reading list and recorded lessons are provided to prospective applicants
- a) A study-buddy from current hospitality students peer to help you navigate university life
- b) A dedicated personal academic tutor to advise and mentor you throughout your studies
- c) English language support