You are hereHome › International Master Programme in Tourism and Management
International Master Programme in Tourism and Management
The MSc in International Tourism Management, offered in partnership with the University of Brighton (UK), offers an innovative and visionary approach in the study of tourism as both economic and social phenomena. Our view is that tourism has become an integral part of history, culture and economies for many regions of the world. This has had a powerful influence on identity, representation and business environments in developed as well as less developing nations.
On a global scale the World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) forecasts an increase in the number of international arrivals in the region of 1.6 billion by the year 2020. As such the industry needs people who understand the significance, complexity and dynamics of a diverse evolving, developing and growing sector.
Our International Tourism Management MSc recognises both the continuing importance and value of the global tourism industry in economic terms and the significance of its social, political and environmental implications. Apply here
- International, intercultural and diverse institute: together with around 250 students and staff from more than 50 different countries
- Study in a full English-Speaking environment, in Apeldoorn: English spoken at all levels, at all times
- Internationally accredited and world-wide recognised degrees: Dutch NVAO accreditation; German FIBAA accreditation and Validated by the UK University of Brighton
- Flexible entry and graduation dates: start or graduation in each block – 6 times a year;
- Fast Track Bachelor programme for highly talented and motivated students and 1 Year Master's Degree programme, in English, with options for advanced placement based on previous studies and credits;
- Top-notch facilities and services in a state-of-the-art building in central Apeldoorn: only 1 hour away from Amsterdam and only 3 minutes from train to classroom;
- Supported by local government and companies: opportunities to work and carry out research projects at local and multi-national companies in the Apeldoorn region;
- Work locally and continue to study: study Master part-time and combine study with work at one of the industry partners in the Apeldoorn region;
- Unique, business-like curricula: units of 6-week blocks, taught by qualified & experienced lecturers from business and industry;
- International partner Universities: for exchange and double degrees in Shanghai, China and Brighton, UK
The course structure of the MSc International Event Management programme at Wittenborg is in line with the programme offered at the University of Brighton, and the programme is taught by lecturers both from Wittenborg and from Brighton. Full-time students attend workshops on two days per week with the part-time route usually requiring one day per week.
Some modules may be delivered intensively over several consecutive days. Teaching methods include group work, case studies, presentations, and live projects. The course is delivered through a variety of approaches including lectures, presentations, tutorials and case studies, with an emphasis on interactive learning.
- Management Strategy in a Global Business Environment
- Globalisation, Society and Culture
- Research Methods / Final Project
MSc International Tourism Management programme main syllabus
- Critical Perspectives in Tourism Management
- Managing Resources in Hospitality and Tourism Operations
- Globalisation, Society and Culture
2 Options from:
- Contemporary Issues in Cruise Management
- Travel and Visual Culture
- Ethical and Social Responsibility: Theory and Application
This programme is taught together by Wittenborg University and the University of Brighton!
Graduating students will be awarded the degree title of MSc (Master of Science)
- a Master of Science Degree in International Event Management is awarded by Brighton University after completion of all 4 compulsory modules and 2 of the option modules, plus the final project. Graduates will also be awarded the Master Certificate International Event Management by Wittenborg University.
Postgraduate Diploma in International Event Management
- a Postgraduate Diploma in International Event Management is awarded by Brighton University after completion of all 4 compulsory modules and 2 of the option modules. Graduates will also be awarded the Postgraduate Diploma International Event Management by Wittenborg University.
Postgraduate Certificate in International Event Management
- a Postgraduate Certificate in International Event Management is awarded by Brighton University after completion of 3 of 4 core modules. Graduates will also be awarded the Postgraduate Certificate International Event Management by Wittenborg University.
The full time programme duration is 1 year and is equivelent to 60 EC credits.
This fully accredited MSc degree is awarded by the University of Brighton (UK), is recognised throughout the world, including the Netherlands.
The gained quailfications qualifies non EU students for the work-search year, permitting them to stay in the Netherlands, work and search for permanent employment. For more information please see the page working-after-your-study.htm.
- The University
- Our Programmes
- New Students
- Apply | Info
- Current Students